E.'s Birthday Tinker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

S.'s Birthday Tinker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 19, 2013

My pout pout fish...

There is so much that S. still does not understand in life, in language etc. She pouts a lot, and gets mad a lot. It takes a lot of patience to explain everything calmly over and over and over again, especially when she is staring at me like she hates me. If someone gets something she doesn't, or even if they don't get the exact same thing right down to the color, there is pouting. S. will think her thing, whatever it is, is not as good as whatever it is E. got, for some reason. Then she pouts. Even with food, S. is always sizing up the amounts on people's plates. She wants to see if she got the exact same amount, or not, and if not, she gets angry. It can be perceived or real, it doesn't matter, she will get angry. Sometimes, when I'm explaining stuff to her she is so angry, she can't even focus on what I am saying. I've been working with her to take deep breaths. I do the balloon breathing with her, or sometimes just good old fashion deep breaths. She also doesn't like to be corrected. Any correction can set S. off. She gets very angry. She wants to be perfect, and she doesn't want anyone to tell her what to do. Again, I talk to her, explain to her, and tell her to take deep breaths. Also, I'm looking for a good child therapist. I'm still working on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment