E.'s Birthday Tinker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

S.'s Birthday Tinker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 27, 2013

9th Gotcha Day....

Yesterday was E.'s 9th Gotcha Day!!!  I can't believe it's been 9 years.  It was truly one of the best days of my life.  I love her so much beyond words.  I marvel at her every day.  She is an amazing gift from God. 

We celebrate her Gotcha Day a lot like a birthday.  Family, presents, food.  And, also, she gets to do whatever she wants all day long.  So, we went out to lunch, we went bowling, to the arcade, bumper cars, watched a movie.  Then we had the family over for her favorite, goulash, and cherry chip cake.  We sang "Happy Gotcha Day" to you.  And she blew out candles.

The day she became my daughter, and joined our family is such a magical wondrous day, it must be celebrated with great pomp.  :)  Nothing less would do.  :) 

9 years ago.  She was placed in my arms for the first time.  Describing that moment would be nearly impossible.  Because there is no amount of paper work you can fill out, no amount of time you can wait, and no amount of money you can pay that comes even close to making it possible for someone to place a precious child in your arms. 

Yes, adoption is long.  Yes, there are mounts of paperwork.  Yes, you have to wait a year or two until you get your child, (and sometimes longer).  And, yes, the fees, and expenses make any normal family empty their bank account, and finance several loans.  But, nothing, nothing you or I could ever do would make us worthy of a child, a beautiful child of God being placed in our care for our lifetime.  Nothing.  For this precious, and priceless gift from God is something that none of us are worthy of, and yet God allows us this great pleasure of a child.

My children are enormous joy to me.  I love them beyond words.  Happy Gotcha Day Baby Girl.  Mommy loves you so.

No comments:

Post a Comment