E.'s Birthday Tinker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

S.'s Birthday Tinker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Rock-a-bye ...

S. calls it "rocky, and read."  As in, "I want to rocky, and read."  I rocked E. for years, she came home as a baby.  When you are rocking a baby, you are usually looking in their eyes, sometimes giving them a bottle, stroking their hair, holding their little hands, and looking at their little knuckles that sink in more than out, you smell their fresh baby powder skin, and kiss them over and over.  Our older children missed that with us, and still crave it.  So, we did "rocky, and read."  We don't do it every night anymore, but 2 to 4 times a week, I would say.  And, she was looking at me, looking for those adoring looks, and I was smiling back at her, and holding her hand, and marveling at her, as I would if she were a baby.  :)  I think it helps both of us.  I really do.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment