E.'s Birthday Tinker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

S.'s Birthday Tinker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Every once in awhile.......

Every once in awhile, just every now and then, I get it right. This was one of those times. I get it, that kids who are adopted at an older age need to be nurtured. They need to re-visit all those baby stages. I get it. I rock S., a lot. I would carry her more, but I just can't do it. I should have lifted weights before she came home. So, ... The girls were playing legos together. S. started having her angry problem over a lego. That's right, a lego. I told her I was going to rock her until she wasn't angry anymore. She was really even madder. Then I was rocking her, and hugging her, and I said, "S., do you have enough toys?" S. said, "yes." Me, "do you have too many toys?" S. said, "yes." Me, "You have so many people who love you, Grandma, and Auntie, and cousins, friends," I listed everyone I could think of. S. "Yes." Me, "Do you have enough clothes?" S. "yes." Me, "do you have too many clothes?" S. "yes." And, she was still pretty pissed off. Then, I said, "do you have a lot of love?" S. "Yes." Me, "Do you have a lot of food?" S."Yes." Me, "Do you have too much food." S. "NO," and then she started laughing. LOL. And, then amazingly, she was wonderful for the rest of the day. I mean best behavior. And, it was so the opposite of what I felt like doing. She was throwing a fit over one little lego piece. I wanted to put her in time out, but the whole rest of the day would have kept going that way. Little things would happen, followed by S.'s fit throwing, followed by time out, etc. I did the opposite of what I wanted to do, and I held her, and hugged her, and kissed her into a good mood. It was so weird. And, it work. LOL. :) I love her dearly. She's my baby. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment