E.'s Birthday Tinker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

S.'s Birthday Tinker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 11, 2013

First Moms, and/or birth Moms....

We love you.  We are thankful for you.  We are forever indebted to you.  For your precious angels we thank you. 

I wasn't sure what to do.  I wasn't sure if I should bring it up.  I mean, if it's not hurting their hearts, why should I make it an issue, if it's not an issue.  I was thinking about, and praying about it, not knowing what to do.

Then, at the very moment I was thinking about it, S said, "mom, I can't remember what my first mom looks like."  (This admission was a huge relief to me, in so many ways.  She's been making up what her first mom looked like, which is fine too, but she would say things like, my first mom was tall, and had yellow hair.  I don't think so honey.  Yes, she did.  Okay, honey.  etc.)  So, her admitting to me, that she did not remember symbolized a new level of trust, a new level of truth.

I said, "well, she probably looked like you."
Then I said, "do you think about your first moms on Mother's Day."
E was quick, "no."
S said, "Kinda's." 
E said, "maybe a little, sort of."
I said, "do you want to do something for your first moms for mothers day?"
E said, "like what?"
I said, "Well, some people light a candle, and say a prayer.  Some people buy flowers, and plant them in the garden.  You could write a letter, or make a card.  I know, we could buy balloons, and say what we want to say to them, and release the balloons."
Both girls said, "yeah."

So, we had a first mom ceremony.  I let the girls each pick out a balloon. 
We went outside, and they took turns, S. went first.
"Happy Mother's Day!  I love you!"  And she jumped up, and pushed her balloon into the sky.

Then E. went, "Happy Mother's Day!  I love you!  I hope you have a great day!"

Then, I said, "C.C. I am so thankful to you for taking good care of S. in your tummy, and until she was 3 years old.  I am so thankful to you for trusting me to take care of our daughter.  I love her so much."

Then I said, "S. I am so thankful to you for taking good care of E. while she was in your tummy.  I am so thankful that you trust me to care for our daughter.  I love her so much."

The girls just smiled, and acted silly the entire time.  :)  They were more concerned with how their balloon was flying than anything else.  :)  So cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment