E.'s Birthday Tinker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

S.'s Birthday Tinker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Short Term Memory Problems...

Short term memory problems seem to be part of the deal with older adoptees.  At least with my S.  She has real problems with short term memory.  And other mental processing problems.  It's probably because of neglect, followed by over stimulation.  I'm sure she is on stimulation over load.  She has learned so much over the past year.  I can't imagine learning all that she has learned, and in a new language.  I might get confused now, and then too.

Tonight I served dinner, and put corn on her plate, a hot dog, mac & cheese.  (She had been at a play date.)  While she was eating, she looked up at me, and said, "What did you guys have for dinner?"  What?  Sort of funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment