E.'s Birthday Tinker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

S.'s Birthday Tinker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 6, 2012

Today was a new day....:)

I met my new daughter, Sonjena, and she is a love. As I posted on facebook, somehow we all get the children that were meant to be ours. And, I am the luckiest mom in the world. Seeing Sonjena, made all of the adventure, or "danger" worth it, more than worth it. I love her so much already.

Also, a little about India, well, first of all, I probably won't tell you everything until I get home, and I may never be able to convey in words what I have seen. Here are somethings.

You are never far from a man,or woman in uniform with a gun. Not the same uniform, or the same gun, but they are everywhere. You have to go through security to get in everywhere, nice restaurants, hotels, shopping malls. They not only put you through that beeping door way thing, they also swipe the wand over you, and search your purse. It's very different.

You are never far from a pack of wild dogs with mange, or dogs with disease. They are just running around the city all infected, and strange looking.

There are little teeny kids everywhere begging for money. My driver had to tell me not to roll down the window after I handed one girl money.

There is rubble, and garbage, everywhere, and I mean everywhere. Everything looks like it's under construction, or there has just been a war here.

There will be more posts later.

On the other hand, most of the people I have met have been very nice. There are people from all over the world here, including other Americans. There are a lot of Asian people living here. Like maybe 25% of the people are Asian. When I was out with Sonjena today, most of the people were very positive towards us. At least as far as I know. I was afraid they might be saying something in Hindi I didn't want her to hear, but hopefully not.

I had my driver today, and he was very very very nice, and a very good safe driver. :)

On the plane to Detroit, I met a stewardist. She was sitting next to me. She told me all the secrets to not getting jet lag. I think they worked pretty much too. She said to drink lots of water on the plane, which I did. She told me to have my seat moved to as close to the front of the plane as possible, so I did. And she said to sleep, which I did a little anyway. :) (Also, my arm with no lymphnodes has not swollen up at all. :)

Then the next flight from Motor City to Amsterdam, I met a businessman, about the age of my parents. He seemed really nice, and helpful on the plane, but also was showing off a little, talking himself up a lot. Anyway, he was okay.

Then on my way to India, I sat next to a woman who is from Montreal, and who is a writer, and an actress. On the plane she was editing her first novel to be published. It is a mystery novel. Then she told me she was going to India to go around doing plays on sanitation, because India doesn't have much, if any. She said it's because there are just sooooo many many people here. So, she was cool to sit next to too.
More later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment